Sorry for being so MIA–somehow the summertime is busier than the rest of the year. I’ve been slacking on my baking and cooking, although I have been able to whip up a few simpler gluten-free recipes here and there. Yesterday was Sunday, and it was rainy, so it was naturally the perfect day to get back into some baking!
Once again, I present to you the wonder that is Spread PB. This recipe features their Coconut Peanut Butter. I’ve never thought of putting those two flavors together but now I’m obsessed! The coconut is super subtle and goes great with their peanut butter. 10/10 peanut butter lovers would recommend 😉
This recipe is the latest installment in the “Put Peanut Butter in Everything” series. It’s essentially my autobiography. I love peanut butter and will eat it with almost any type of food. Here, I’ve included the instructions for my Coconut Peanut Butter quick bread. It’s gluten free, only uses one bowl, and isn’t overly sweet!
- 1/2 cup Spread PB coconut peanut butter
- 1/2 cup regular creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk (I used regular skim milk, but I’m sure a nondairy milk works well too!)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- any mix-ins, such as blueberries, chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips!
- shredded coconut to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Melt the two types of peanut butter together (30 seconds on high) to make them easier to stir.
- Pour the peanut butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to combine as you add the ingredients. The batter will be runny.
- Add the flour and cornstarch, and mix together.
- Stir in any chips, fruit, etc.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
I hope you enjoy this bread recipe! I think the coconut flavor is great for the summer. Enjoy!
Peace, love, and happy August 🙂