About a week and a half ago, I found myself with an abundance of Nutella fudge (<– see this post for back story). I made the Nutella cupcake-brownie hybrid, and all was well.
Except I still had more fudge. It is endless, apparently.
I brainstormed a list of all possible baked goods that would taste good with the addition of Nutella. Luckily, one of my favorite bloggers had a recipe for Banana Bread Nutella muffins! Thank you Katie!*
I adapted the recipe a bit to suit my needs**, and I was on the way to getting rid of more of The Fudge. Unfortunately, I still have some left, so it looks like some cookies will be coming out of the Mod 24B kitchen in the near future.
But that’s not really a bad thing 🙂
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp. milk (I used skim)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (as always, I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp. + a dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. each of baking soda and baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- NUTELLA FUDGE (link to recipe in previous post)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray or line a muffin pan.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, except for the Nutella.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until they are evenly mixed together.
- Fill up each muffin tin about a third of the way with the batter (I got 8 muffins out of this recipe).
- Drop a heaping spoonful of Nutella fudge into each partially filled muffin (remember, you are trying to get rid of the fudge).
- Cover each muffin with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
They came out pretty good! A bit on the dry side, but you could remedy that by adding another banana (I only had one left, so I had no choice!), and/or putting more Nutella fudge in the middle. Regardless, they made a delicious breakfast paired with some fruit and nut butter!
Peace, love, and a never-ending supply of fudge,
*Check out Chocolate Covered Katie, an incredible blog filled with healthy dessert recipes!
**More like to suit my lack of ingredients…typical Mod lifestyle.